Sunday 28 August 2011

HOW TO WHWX2

Had great help for the West Highland Way Double, since I did it quite a few people have asked me how I did it. The only thing I can tell them is that I used only the best kit, the list is as follows:


SANTA CRUZ CARBON BLUR Supplied by Jungle, Cheers to Rob Roskopp and Dickon
ROCK SHOX SUSPENSION Ultra reliable, thanks to Tristan
SYNCROS Grips, Bars, Bottles and Stem via Jungle
SHIMANO Running gear from Stif Cycles
FIZIK SADDLE Very comfy thanks to Will Longden
KS DROPPER SEATPOST With a remote lever from Stif Cycles
HOPE HUBS AND STANS RIMS Wheels built by Chris at Edison Cycles, bulletproof
EXPOSURE LIGHTS Cheers to John and Rory at USE Six Pack, Maxx D and Joysicks
NOMAD JET WASH Supplied by Gary at Nomad Direct and kept it and me clean
CONTINENTAL TYRES Filled With Stans No Tubes liquid
ROYAL CLOTHING From Royal Racing Thanks to Steve Peat
HOPE Bottom Bracket and Headset via Stif Cycles
LEZYNE Tools, light and accurate

Then you have to get on it and ride it for 200 miles, thats the trick. That involved a certain amount of determination but also my most important piece of kit, my support crew, Lynne, Steve and Craig. I don't think I would be able to do it with any other collection of equipment, Thanks to all the companies and individuals that supplied me with the stuff to pull it off. Very special to me that people believed in me enough to help how they did, Cheers Guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment