Monday 29 August 2011

WEST HIGHLAND WAY DOUBLE.......DONE!



Completed the WHWX2 this morning at 00:50am popped a bottle of fizz packed the truck and set off back home drooling on my shoulder on the back seat. My wife Lynne did all the driving and the important stuff while Steve Hollis and Craig Mckay shared the other duties, keeping the food coming, the bike rolling and me in the right frame of mind, I can't thank them enough. I spoke to many riders and walkers on the outward leg about what I was trying to achieve and saw a lot of them on the return leg, I got a lot of encouragement from them too. Getting texts from friends was a great lift at times when I needed it, thanks guys. Thanks also to all the people who have supplied me with products, my Santa Cruz Blur was perfect, kept in clean order by the Nomad jet wash, the shirts from Royal Racing were so comfortable and kept me dry. It would not have happened without the Exposure Lights, they turned out to be a crucial piece of kit, and the addition of a Pure Racing dropper seat post from Stif Cycles made the job faster and easier, worth its weight. It is probably the sort of challenge that seems almost impossible so I'm sure people are waiting to see if I manage it before they donate to the charity, so if you are reading this blog please pass the word on, the charity is on my web link at: www.charitygiving.co.uk/joewhitaker I have put a short video together which can either be viewed on the youtube link or just click on this link and it will play, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jACmrfPHKTE&feature=channel_video_title  please note all the pain and anguish has been left out!

No comments:

Post a Comment