Monday 9 December 2013

STEVE PEAT SYNDICATE YEAR END PARTY


To celebrate the end of the racing year for the Steve Peat Syndicate all the SPS riders were invited to couple of days riding up at Hamsterley Forest. I was invited along by Tristan and Steve
to ride with the team and as it would be rude not I decided to attend. Saturday was an up lift day with numerous runs down the hill followed by a well deserved party at a location close by where the food and drink flowed, eventually reaching a climax with mini bike mayhem around a massive bomfire. Hyjinx went on  into the early hours putting back Sunday morning's promised early start of enduro riding. When we eventually regrouped it was evident that Tristan was left holding the fort clearing mess cleaning up and jet-washing the mini bikes, most of the fray were nursing sore heads as we set off on a mixture of black run and off piste with the Steve and SPS local riders breaking the trails in front. It was great riding alongside the SPS team all of which are significantly younger than myself, I was relieved that some sections suited me more than some of the others, a pecking order appeared to take shape and I was pleased not to be bringing up the rear. There were a few moments of elbow rubbing, laughing and falling off and as with most things that are really enjoyable came to a finish all too soon. It was my first visit to Hamsterley and I vowed to visit again, some really nice trails which are well supported with the locals both for riding and for maintenance, well worth a visit and I can't think of a better way to break my duck. Can't wait to see the new batch of SPS riders in 2014 who ever they are, If they are half as good as this years group they are in for a good year. Here's to the class of 2013,  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment